Happy New Year! This post is a Light & Color Study drawing I created over the last 3 days of Swedish model Mona Johannesson. Over the last few weeks I’ve been concentrating on improving my drawing skills by doing a lot of light & color studies of poses and angles that have given me trouble in the past. This drawing was created by using a color pencil on Arches 300 lb. hot press paper, blended with razor blades, colorless blenders, and rubbing alcohol. Below, are some of my take aways learned from making the piece.
My Lessons Learned;
– Pre visualize the final image
– Think through what I’m drawn to & want to express
– Work on transitioning from big to small shapes
– Blend, blend, blend, and than blend some more
– Look at the subject from different perspectives